Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Finally Got Some Sun

I've been feeling pretty pasty-white lately and this weekend was the first time in 2009 when I actually feel like I got some sun. We had a very nice Memorial Day weekend. It started out with a family friend's, Heather Oborn's wedding on Friday evening. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding at the Carlson Towers in Mpls. It was great to see their wonderful ceremony and also to see my parents and many families from Bethel Church in Owatonna from growing up. I caught up with jr. high/high school Bible Study leaders and youth group friends' parents. It was a great way to start out the weekend.
(unfortunately the bride & groom are behind the speaker
-but you can see how beautiful it was)
On Saturday we slept in! Then we slowly made our way to Erik's parents' cabin. We had the weekend with just Erik's mom and the two of us. (Randy was working on his ol' Chevy all weekend --and I think Sue was glad that she didn't have to spend the weekend alone). We enjoyed lazy days and boat rides. What a fantastic way to spend Memorial Day weekend!
The start to a little sun burn...a.k.a. not pasty-white!
Sunday was my niece's Birthday. I can't believe she is already 7! We actually celebrated with her over Mother's Day weekend. She was very excited to open her gift early. I hope she enjoys it!
Happy Birthday Kya!! We managed to forget to take any photos of us together this whole weekend... oops.

No comments: