Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Good-Bye Apt. 104

So, as of Monday at 4:30pm, we are no longer apartment renters! It was a LONG weekend of moving and cleaning. There are also a few stories you'll have to ask us about sometime, but I will not type them out because they are too long and gross!

Thanks to all of you who came to help us move on Friday evening...the hottest day of the summer so far! I was surprised at how many loads it took, but I am pleased to know that everything we own fits into a 10x20 space with plenty of room to spare! I'm sure that will change once we own a house, but for now, it's good!

We stayed overnight in our apt. for the last time on Friday night. Since the bed was in storage, our sleeping arrangements were not great.
My parents stayed overnight as well. In the morning we all had breakfast at Perkins. Then my parents went to a wedding and we went to a different wedding reception/open house for Erik's friend, Dan and wife, Grace. Dan and Erik had a band in high school with a bunch of friends. They were able to get the band back together for a few songs at the reception. They had a ton of fun and sounded great! However, since we still had moving to do, we had to get back at it. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening moving.

Erik and I spent all day on Sunday cleaning our apartment. We still had enough that I spent most of the day on Monday cleaning as well. I actually didn't mind the cleaning and suggested to Erik that once we get a house, we should really take one weekend a year and do a DEEP cleaning! It's amazing how much dust and grime builds up on everything. However, I fully understand that when we own a house, we will not have the motivation of trying to get our full deposit back to keep us cleaning for two days straight! So, we'll see if that ever happens.


Today my co-worker is moving into our old apartment. I hope everything goes well for him. I'm so glad this worked out for both of us. Now we just need to get a house...
(still no news)

3 comments:

Isaac T said...

I'm telling you, Moline with the Molins would be a great idea. Plus you could meet Gideon!

Mindy said...

However, the commute would be horrible. :)

Anonymous said...

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would have to agree with my niece on that one . shes smarter then u think .yeah this is her uncle saying this!!!