Sunday, October 19, 2008

Meeting Friends....New and Old (and Erik's Running)

This week we had happy hour apps on two days.... great to meet with friends... not so great for the waistline! First we met up with Shayna and her boyfriend, Joel, on Tuesday. It was the first time that we had met Joel. It was fun to meet him and catch up with Shayna! I'm so happy for Shayna...Joel is a great guy! We met at 508 in Minneapolis. I totally recommend it! Fantastic happy hour apps and fun atmosphere!

Then, on Wednesday we met up with the newly-weds, Shane and Kellie, at the Uptown Old Chicago. It was fun to hang out with them for the first time since the
wedding. They haven't changed! :) Erik and Shane are talking about running an 'unofficial marathon' in November! (I'll let Erik write about that)

***This is Erik. I guess I am going to write about my running, etc
. Over the past 4 months I have been enjoying jogging and losing weight. In an effort to close down my jogging season, I will be attempting to run a marathon distance on Nov. 8, not an official marathon. The route is currently uncertain but I will most likely be jogging around the Minneapolis Lakes, Theodore Wirth Park, and Brooklyn Center and plan on finishing my "race" at the Surly Brewing Co. in Brooklyn Center. Shane has volunteered to run with me. I'm very excited to see how it turns out.

(These pictures are from running last weekend at the cabin)

No comments: