Wednesday, April 25, 2012

F is for Fail

Ok, it is not really a 'Fail.'  I've been told all boys get into it at some point....I had just hoped that our sweet cuddly boy would stay sweet and cuddly a bit longer.  So, I'm sure you're imaging horrible possibilities ....but it's really not too bad.  It's just that our son goes to daycare.  Thus, he is exposed to things much sooner than he would at home.  As a result, just this weekend, he took the foam "F" out of the play mat we have on the floor.  He then turned it sideways, holding the top of the "F" in his hand and pointing the long part forward.  He then proceeded to make a shooting sound and ran around the living room "shooting" into the air.  At least he didn't point it at me!!  

I have heard of many boys who did not go to daycare that would eat their toast in the shape of a gun.  So, I know it was bound to happen at some point.  I just need to be proactive about encouraging other toys and activities.

Wouldn't it be great if we could just control everything our kids do and are exposed to?!?  That stinkin' 'freewill' stuff!! :)

1 comment:

kirk and sarah said...

don't worry... he'll still be cute and cuddly.. and love to shoot fake guns at the same time! such is the way with boys. i struggled with at first too, but have for the most part adjusted. :)